Our friends Chuck and Amy (from our Syracuse days) invited us down to their family camp on Cayuga Lake in the Finger Lakes for this weekend. We were so excited to get back down to this area and spend some time with them. We arrived at the camp - and saw that they had their big dog with them ... I didn't think I was going to be able to get out of the car let alone spend a weekend there! But in the end, Satchel and I were good pals (I was even taking him out for his "breaks"!)


We enjoyed a nice dinner at The Stonecat Cafe (where I tried a fried pickle!) and then headed to Wagner Vineyards for some beer and to listen to their Friday night band on the deck as the sun was setting. The band was an older woman, Alice Detrick, who sang some old and new country - it was actually pretty good.

Saturday, Aaron and Chuck went out for some golf while Amy and I hung out at the camp. It was relaxing to wake up to the water and just hang out with a good book. After that, we hit the wineries!! We stopped at 8 wineries on the east side Seneca Lake and west side of Cayuga Lakes. Chuck and I got our faces painted at the first stop! We had a great time and Aaron and I were able to stock up on the wines we're not able to buy in New York to fill our wine reserve. After that, we made a big meal at the camp and relaxed on the back deck.


Sunday morning, Chuck and Aaron set off for another round of golf while Amy and I hit up some antique shops. We did make a pinnacle trophy for the winner of today's golf round - and went to the course to watch their last few holes and present the trophy to the winner - it was Chuck Love! (Yes, that's his real name!)

After a relaxing, laughter-filled weekend with them, it was time for Aaron and I to head back to New York. We said our goodbyes and stopped at Taughannock Falls on the way home. We were bummed we didn't have time to hike down, but said we'll do it "next time."

Chuck and Amy are ready to visit us in NH this year and we hope to keep the visits going and are looking forward to the wineries again next year!!


1 comment:
My Moms Cooks Good!
Post a Comment