Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Time with the Cuz

A little behind on the postings, but wanted to make sure I got up a couple of pictures from Angie's visit to the city, while she was up for her best friend Gwin's M.D. graduation. I met Angie, along with Gwin, her dad and sister, in Battery Park on that Friday, where we were hoping to go out to the Statue of Liberty. The line was quite crazy, so we decided to take the Staten Island Ferry out to, where else, but Staten Island! We were hoping to get some views of the Statue that way, but it was an overcast, foggy day. So, here's our shot in front of the statue - (I swear she's back there, it's not a white backdrop, just fog!)


After that, we strolled around the city, trying to enjoy Central Park in the cold, had a great lunch and some drinks out later, where Aaron met up with us (Note to the parents ... yes, Angie and I both drank alcoholic beverages - ha!) Despite the weather, it was a fun day.

I did go back into the city on Monday to meet up with Angie again before her flight out. It was a MUCH better day - in the 70s - with sun! So, we walked up to Central Park to sit and chat in Sheep Meadow for over an hour. We had fun people-watching and trying to get someone to get a good picture of us. I think we got too lucky with a guy who knew too much about photos, that he made us feel dumb with our point-and-click cameras! But we got a good one.


We had a great lunch, where we were both in heaven with the Smoked gouda mac n' cheese with bacon and the Blackberry Lemonades at Cafeteria. After that, I saw Angie off in a cab :o( 

Until next time ...

2 comments:

The Schlosser's said...

Aw, thanks for the update...I love the foggy background pic - we look like pop-ups! Thanks again for coming into the city twice to hang out with me. I had a blast, as always! Love, Angie

Anonymous said...

My Moms Cooks Good!