Sunday, March 30, 2008

On the Road to a Business

We have finally come up with a name for my cards & invitations "business"!! Over the past couple of years, we've brainstormed, we've thesaurus-ed, we've researched other sites. Some of the ones we liked were: Paper Trails, Paper Arrangements, Inklings, Eventations ... thinking we were SO creative with all of them, only to find they were already taken, or just knew our minds could come up with something better. Well, we have!! Aaron thought of it this morning and I quickly worked on a logo idea and think we may run with it - so here's the unveiling (drum-roll, please ...) :


(I hope to get some help on cleaning up the logo and getting a quality format to use for everything)

Now that we came up with a name, we've purchased a domain name - www.paper-seeds.com. And I will be making wedding invitations for an old co-worker of mine who has agreed to do a trade-off with me and create my website! (And another old co-worker who is offering to help as well ... nice to have programmer friends!) Aaron is going to start the research for starting our own business and I should be on my way by the end of the year! Very exciting, yet a bit scary at the same time. But if business picks up well enough - I may need to hire friends and family to help me on some of the bigger jobs - I don't offer good benefits, but I DO allow some drinking on the job! ;)

So there it is, I thought I'd share this with all of you since it's a big step for me. Let me know what you think of the name and logo - I'd love some feedback!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My moms cooks good.

The Schlosser's said...

Fantastic! I am liking the logo! Congratulations! Love, Angie

Anonymous said...

Very Cool!!!! You will do well. Get those invitations out and things will start rolling!!!!
-Shelley